Friday, June 26, 2009

Tunnels of Blood

By: Darren Shan

Tunnels of Blood was great and just like the books before this one, it possessed a quality of some type that made you want to continue reading it even if it means staying up till 1 in the morning and not falling asleep until 2, freaking out about vampanezes and their lust for blood. Not that that had happened to me but I think I would have done that because it was such a good book and just cries, “READ ME” in such huge letters and in a bit smaller font “I know you want to” with a devilish smile. There are many twists and turns hidden in this book so you might want to pay close attention to the words and phrases (unlike me because I’m just that impatient) and maybe you won’t grip onto your seats as tightly as I did.

After working in the freak show, Cirque du Freak, for a while, Darren Shan is off to get a taste of the city when he takes a temporary leave, courtesy of his mentor, Mr. Crepsley, with, as I mentioned, Mr. Crepsley and Evra Von, the snake-boy. After a week of settling down in a hotel, the threesome got into a routine. Mr. Crepsly slept during the day and went off to who-knows-where at night while Darren and Evra get up every morning and enjoy the day. Later on, six corpses are found and drained of blood. All of the clues point to Mr. Crepsley. But why would he do that? Meanwhile, evil lurks beneath the streets, waiting for the best moment to strike. Who is the murderer?


No comments:

Post a Comment