Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cirque du Freak

By: Darren Shan

I started it. I read it. I finished it. I loved it. I picked it up thinking, “Oh… Its just another kind of short, horror, not very popular type of book." Funny I didn’t notice the New York Times Best Selling Series in relatively small letter on the top of the book cover. Anyways, I could have not been more wrong, I don’t know what attracted me to it but once I started it, my eyes never left those pages. I have this problem of not liking short books (250 pages or less). This book proved me wrong. It was amazing.

Darren Shan is a usual, ordinary boy who is fascinated with spiders and loves to be scared. One day, Darren’s friend, Alan Morris, showed him and his other friends a flyer, advertising about a freak show in town. All four of them want to go but only Steve Leonard, Darren’s best friend, and Darren got to go. The visit to the freak show pretty much just changed Darren’s life forever. Very soon, he is thrown into the dark world of vampires, where his only choice is to embrace and accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment