Sunday, February 22, 2009

Uglies

By: Scott Westerfeld

This was an excellent book written by Scott Westerfeld. At first glance people who are not into physical attractions might groan and drop the book right on the spot but it really is appealing to everyone. Well at least I thought it was. When I first saw it, I thought, “Ugh, another book filled with girls obsessed with how they look” but now I can see I was wrong. Uglies deserves a rating of five stars and is filled with betrayals and suspense.

Tally Youngblood is finally about to leave her ugly world behind and become pretty, where your only job is to have a great time. Just six days before Tally’s operation, her friend, Shay, is not sure if she wants to change. She would rather live on the outskirts of town and take the chances. Tally tried her best to keep Shay but to no avail, Shay runs away. On the day of Tally’s operation, someone tells her that there is something wrong and gets faced with the worst dilemma a sixteen year old girl can have: either find Shay and bring her back, or stay ugly forever and never turn pretty. The fate of everyone may lie in Tally’s hands.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I thought the same thing when I first picked it up.

    ReplyDelete