Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dragon Slippers

By: Jessica Day George

Oh my gosh! This was an awesome book to read and I would give it a rating of five stars. Once I started to read it, I just could not put it down. I even tried to since it was getting really late but I could not do it. Jessica Day George’s writing is filled with excitement and suspense that anyone, young or old, would enjoy. The sequel to this book is called Dragon Flight and I can not wait to get to read it.

Creel is a ordinary peasant girl who live with her aunt and uncle because her mother and father are dead. Thanks to a fever. They did not have a lot of money. In fact, they were actually pretty poor. One day, her aunt came up with an outrageous idea of sacrificing Creel to a dragon, hoping that a knight in shining armor would come rescue her and later on marrying her so she and her family would get rich. Now that was not the case. It was Creel who wheedled her way out of getting eaten and it is she who has the power to save her kingdom or destroy it because the country is on the verge of war.

1 comment: