Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Quillan Games

By: D.J. MacHale

Having dropped the Quillan Games when I was halfway through, I decided to pick it up again and finish it because I wanted to read the rest of the Pendragon books. I dropped this book because I could not stand the suspense and jumped ahead to skim through a couple of pages. I could not believe what happened. I was surprised and shocked at the same time. After some time, I decided that I should finish the book and went to get it from the library again. The Quillan Games was actually really good and the twists and turns that the author weaves into this story makes it go to a whole new level.

Bobby Pendragon has just received an invitation from a territory called Quillan from the owners of a huge game show. Nothing to lose in a game, right? Think again. When Bobby arrives, he notices that the territory is on the verge of destruction and everyone is just struggling to survive. The games that they play are dangerous and if you bet, you have to make sure you win or you die. Bobby has been mistaken for a challenger and is forced to compete in games created and hosted by Veego and LaBerge. Soon, Bobby finds Saint Dane and faces a dilemma on whether or not to risk his own life to find the answers that he has been looking for ever since he has been a Traveler.

1 comment:

  1. I'm halfway through the Rivers of Zadaa, so I should get to this one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete